ok, so it's not Monday, but close enough! Today is kurban bayrami – I wrote a little about it here. This year it falls on a Tuesday, which means my husband gets the whole week off work –which of course we are very happy about. So I’m just dropping in with a little thing I made on the morning of Yashar’s party – the party had a bit of a jungle theme going on so in one room we put up mosquito netting, had lots of jungle leaves around the place and lots of rugs and cushions on the floor. So I thought this would be a cute addition.
The cushion is fairly large (about 59 x 59 cm - 23.2 x 23.2 inches) The material is Annamoa from Ikea – I love this fabric – so vibrant and interesting. The insert is from Ikea as well. The cushion cover is a simple envelope style – you can see the back of it in the photograph above and took about 20 minutes total to make…that’s my kind of project :)
You can probably figure out how to make this type of cushion cover, being the clever types that you are! But if you don’t want to bother thinking about it, you can find the instructions for how to make a envelope cushion cover here.
PS The cute dog is from Mudo (I couldn't see it on the website but they had plenty instore)- after Yashar had carried it around the store patting it and cuddling it and saying we needed to feed it, I couldn't resist getting it for him when he asked!



3 comments:
gorgeous fabric...
This is the first time I am visiting your blog and I absolutely loved it and am following now:) It was suprising to see that you actually lived in Istanbul, my hometown! We have more in common now;)
Not sure you read this comment, since it is made to an old post, but I love the pillow!!! I used that same Ikea fabric for my 10 month old son's bedroom curtains, and I'm planning to make w couple of matress pillows too! Cool to see how someone else uses the same print!
Post a Comment