Friday, October 1, 2010

New Limited Edition Print: On the Way to the Village

A lovely customer recently requested a large print of the 'On the Way to the Village' illustration in cream and a lovely stormy blue.  I was so happy with how it turned out that I decided to make a (very) limited edition print run for the Light Garden shop.  (I'm off to put it in the shop now so you should be able to see it there soon).  The large print was the first of 5, with two more large ones and two medium sized prints and that's it! - I wanted to keep it special, so I won't be printing any more with this combination of colours.


I loved how in the larger print I was able to see the smaller details that I had forgotten I had drawn - like the little rabbits and the teeny tiny cat, the wood grain in a few of the shutters and some little butterflies around one of the trees.


Here it is with the 'I heart milk' illustration, which holds an extra special place in my heart.

And this is one of the photos of the smaller size.


And who is this cutie looking rather serious in his new Aunty Ollie 'Daddy Hoodie'?

 
Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Euphoria said...

Lovely illustration as usual, and great pictures of your son.
Have a nice weekend too!

tülin said...

Merhaba.

Anonymous said...

Yashar looks sooo cute in that lovely jacket - he is growing so fast. xx

Oglak Kizlari said...

Hi,

I am the new one who is already 43 who have a 3 1/2 years young doughter called ADA. I have been trying to teach her an English and speaking in English ( very difficult indeed) since she was 1,5 years young.

So I would like to ask where can I get these lovely books I saw on your blog.

I love your job, where is your shop??

Happy mummy Ciğdem

Verity said...

Thanks Euphoria!!Your words mean a lot to me :)

And Merhaba and hosgeldiniz Tulin!

Hi Cigdem! To answer your questions - a lot of the books you see on the blog I ordered from Amazon.com - you should be able to click on the links and it will take you through to them. But I also highly recommend the Tirtil Kids bookshop at the Mohini shopping mall. This is their website: www.tirtilkids.com
They have such a good range of English language books for children and the prices are very reasonable considering the what you would have to pay for shipping through Amazon anyway. You can also a couple of my custom 'My Own Elephant' Name Prints through them.

Apart from the two prints at Tirtil, you can also buy my work and cards etc online here: www.thelightgarden.etsy.com

Thank you so much for 'stopping by' - hope to see you here again soon :)

Anonymous said...

Yazik cocuga, saclarini biraz kestirseniz de gozune girmeseler.

Oglak Kizlari said...

Thankyou very much for the information.

Best
More happy mummy Cigdem

Verity said...

You are welcome Cigdem! Also - Tirtil books is now moving to Istinye Park - I think at the moment they are in the process of moving and so just have a small stall in Mohini. I think the Istinye park shop is opening around the 9 or 10th of November.

V
xo