the, um, the 'interesting' hat.
Yay! I finished the scarf and finally put the pom poms Yashar and I made on the ends of it today. You can find the link to the pattern here and the post from way back when I started it last winter here (I took a very long break from it and just got inspired to finish in the preparation for the cold winter ahead). I think it turned out pretty cute...and Yashar was happy to put it on for me despite the warm day :) This is him doing his best 'work it for the camera' poses.
You can see the detail of the scarf in this photo below. I really liked how this pattern turned out...although I have to admit that pretty much every time I knit a scarf, I get half way through and think, why on earth did I start to knit another scarf?!! I start out thinking ...oh, a scarf for Yashar will be quick and easy...forgetting how long they are! I tend to get a little bored half way through... but I'm happy I stuck with it! He will be using this one a lot.
Not planning for him to use this hat so much though. The photo below is not very clear...and that's probably a good thing. I used the beautiful Odessa pattern, which you can find here (without the beads). The pattern is free - although you might have to sign up to ravelry.com to get it.
The problems? Firstly, as Senol likes to tell me, I worry about the small details too much, so it was pretty typical of me that the first half of the hat I actually knitted too neatly! I made the stitches so tight that there ended up being no nice little hole to show the diagonal pattern in the hat...you might be able to see in the pattern a little more in the top of the hat...but still... The other problem was that I used a thicker yarn, and so changed the amount of stitches...which didn't work out at the top of the hat, where I just totally winged it and basically stuffed up the pattern. Oh well...the thing I love about hats is they are so quick, so I will give this one another go soon...hopefully before Winter :)




3 comments:
lovely scarf for a lovely,cute , little boy.:))ellerine sağlık;)
I'm cracking up because if I made this hat for my child, I'd totally have her wear it! I make mistakes in all my knitting and sewing, and I just leave them figuring I'll do a better job next time :).
Fabulous cosy scarf - Yashar will be ready when the cold wintery weather starts. Is the hat too small for him - it looks nice! x
Post a Comment