Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Mondays: Cooking Afternoons


This Sunday it rained off and on, so Yashar and I got busy in the kitchen!  We started with these chocolate and cranberry cookies from the beautiful beautiful book Apples for Jam
- I love that book!   Then we left them to cool as the last few rays of afternoon sun poked through the clouds.


I would feel wrong about putting the recipe here - but I definitely recommend buying the book!  Or you could use any simple chocolate chip cookie recipe - like the one I found online here - and add some dried cranberries.

Then Yashar chopped away - alternating between deep concentration and delight - to help make a creamy mushroom sauce with pieces of sucuk though it to go on some pasta - delicious!


Speaking of delicous food...I was lucky enough to eat at this gorgeous table last week.   I had offered to bring some last minute presents that Hatice had ordered to her house and when she offered to have my husband, Yashar and I over for tea, of course I jumped at the chance.   I didn't know just how lovely it was going to be though - Hatice's food blog definitely deserves to be as popular as it is!  The spiced apple cake you can see in the middle was so so delicious!  And it was wonderful to spend time talking with Hatice - and Yashar had such fun with playing with her daughter that he is still talking about it!

I have mentioned Hatice's wonderful food blog here before -'Portakal Agaci'.  The site is full of wonderful recipes - just use google translate if you need to.   I was also lucky that Hatice wrote some very kind words about my work.    A warm welcome to all the new visitors  - I am so glad to have you here  :)

Stay tuned this week - we have been busy and I have lots to show you...including some beautiful new crochet blankets Sevim has made and some new goodies for the shop.

Verity
xo

6 comments:

GB said...

I love the idea of letting the little guy help out. I think I'm going to make something with mushrooms with my little one too!

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

sorry I have been so quiet for so long, have you seen this http://decor8blog.com/ I thought of you immediately

UNchecked other said...

Ooohhh...chocolate and cranberry cookies? Iever tried that combination before, but it does sound like the contrast would be fantastic.

PS
I hope you, your family, and friends are doing well. My friend called me up early this morning telling me that there was an earthquake in Istanbul.

Verity said...

Thank you! We are all fine - we actually didn't even feel it - just found out about it on the news soon after.

Sarah said...

oh those cookies sound delicious...i also love that book and the pictures are beautiful. i love the pictures of your little one.

Verity said...

Thanks Sarah! And I just had a look at your blog and you son is adorable! And that sandpit is gorgeous!