Firstly I just wanted to quickly let you know that I am having a one week sale over at the Light Garden shop with 20% off cards and prints (including custom prints but excluding matted prints and custom cards). Summer is almost here so it's time to celebrate! It starts today and finishes Friday 28. And here are some street shots from this week...yep, I'm trying hard to stick to the commitment. On Wednesday (which was a public holiday here) we headed in to Tahtakale (remember that earlier sourcing excursion I went on?) for the morning in search of ribbons and material.
Then we headed over to my new favourite area of Istanbul - Galata - I'm a sucker for crumbling old buildings, dreaming of the day when I can buy one and renovate. And the cute little shops and the little cafe (sorry I forget the name of the cafe) where you can have a great bottle of wine and a cheese plate are definite draw cards too!







8 comments:
really nice pictures! i was just mentioning tahtakale to a friend and i said i'd never found much in the way of fabrics (that i like) there. have you got any tips on finding interesting/funky fabrics there? -amy/sedmi
Thanks Amy/Sedmi! Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much in the way of interesting fabric there either :( Seems to be mostly the same things in most of the shops there. I have also heard of a fabric pazar in Istanbul...I wonder if there would be anything more interesting there?
Let me know if you ever find a great place any where else! And if anyone else has a favourite fabric place I would love to hear about it!
Verity
xo
Your pics are fascinating! Thank you so much for giving us a visual insight into life in Istanbul...
Sandal Bedesteni (silk bazaar) Kapalıçarşı is the place.
You can also try Hamamönü.
Let me correct. I meant Sultanhamam and is all about fabric.
And for the house and garden, İMÇ - İstanbul Manifaturacılar Çarşısı.
oooh! fantastic! I can't wait to check those out - thank you so much for sharing.
Verity
xo
Great pics V, your blog is looking fabulous!!!! Congrats on your studio nommo work, things just keep getting better and better, you deserve it!!! hugs from oz xx
Post a Comment