Monday, May 24, 2010

My wallpaper designs for Studio Nommo!


Yeeee!  I'm so excited - I finished the wallpaper designs I have been working on!  And they are now available at Studio Nommo!  A little while ago the opportunity presented itself to design these for their bespoke baby collection and I jumped at the chance.


Studio Nommo is an independent wallpaper studio owned by Deniz Akgullu and based here in Istanbul. They work with a range of very talented illustrators and designers around the world including Sweeden based Studio Violet and Chicago based Ashley Alexander. Studio Nommo has had a fantastic amount of publicity - very well deserved and exciting for a small independent studio. Most recently they made it to the 'Best Interiors Addresses' list in the UK's Daily Telegraph.


I drew the wallpaper design above with real country houses in France and Italy as my inspiration.

I created the design below because it is exactly what I would want to put in Yashar's room.  You can see in the photo up the top that his little shoes match in perfectly with it :)
 
The French and Italian Countryside design below makes use of Studio Nommo's ability to print custom sized wallpapers (the wallpapers are printed in Germany).  It allowed me to make my illustration in to a sort of panorama.  Each of the houses in the photo below are about 50 cm high and there are 12 different large houses across in the full design.  I thought it would be so fun for little ones to be surrounded by these!

I hope you like the designs!  I have to say that I was a little bit proud of them!  ;)

Please feel free to use these images to blog about them etc - I would love your help in getting the word out!

8 comments:

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

A little bit proud i THINK YOU SHOULD BE A LOT PROUD vERITY THEY ARE incredible (WHOOPS capslock stick) seriously stunning stunning stunning x

secdus said...

Great,excellent how can i mention my feelings!
You have a great talent Verity.I love love love them.
I wish i had seen your wall papers last year when i was moving my new home.I dont like my daughters wallpapers anymore.CONGRATULATIONS.

Dewi said...

just for kids? i want the reindeers! i LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

Verity these are wonderful! I love the uber-cool reindeers in my favourite bold green; and the houses are so sweet. I can imagine children using the houses as destination points for all their dolls and teddies and working out who lives where. Well done - I am proud of you too (slight misty eye) and miss you loads. M xxxx

Lucie Tales said...

Wow! You can be very proud of these wonderful wallpapers you've designed! I usually don't go for kids collection, but I'm eating my hat. Congratulations!

Euphoria said...

They are beautiful, I really like the last one!!! It is so vintage and pink, I love it!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!! love love love them all!
so talented verity! I wouldn't be able to pick which one i love the most!
xxx

Ann On and On... said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the deer wallpaper!!!! Amazing! I made my husband come into the room to see it. We both agree if we have kids (maybe if we don't) it is going on our wall. Be proud. You are amazing!