Monday, May 17, 2010

Making Mondays: My Own Muesli



I really like good muesli...but the right mix is hard to find!  I tried a muesli recipe in Bill's Open Kitchen (I love this book! - and wrote about it here) which was great.  Then yesterday we decided to make up my own muesli mix and it was so yummy I decided to put the recipe on here!

4 cups oats
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
2 dessert spoons of honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Handful of dried cranberries
Handful of sultanas


Mix all ingredients except cranberries and sultanas in a large bowl.  Spread out a large tray (I halved the mixture and spread it on two trays).  Place in the oven for around 20 minutes - moving mixture around occasionally.  Make sure to keep a close eye on it - it can burn quickly.


It was good!
    

3 comments:

BBH ! ☮♥♫ said...

Hey, this is a good thing! I could tell the recipe to my mom. Last year i borught a pack of müsli-mix from Germany to mom and after a couple weeks she finally decided to eat it :-) But there were some "surprises in it" . Worms! Our city (on the south) is very very hot in summer. That should be a perfect condition for those worms :-)The funny thing is i also gave a pack to her best friend. We couldn`t even ask what happened to her müsli :-D
It was funny to listen all the story on the phone from my mom.
thanks for the recipe,
greetings,
BBH

kelly said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Škorčica said...

It looks njami!
I also make my own muesli, but in a bit different version.