Monday, May 31, 2010

Giveaway!


I truely do love writing here.  And that you all stop by, read, comment and email means so much to me.  We've shared, we've laughed, we've cried...ok maybe that was just me, but it's been amazing.  Seriously.

So when I realised over the weekend that I had reached 100 followers I wanted to celebrate!   I decided on a glass of wine and a plate of cheese for me and a giveaway for you!


The winner will get:

A 'My Own Elephant' custom print.  This soft and gentle print would make a special gift for a child who loves animals or for a new baby's nursery. It's customized to include the name of the little person receiving it and would be perfect for hanging in their room or by their door.   It comes in either gentle blues or soft lavenders and is printed using archival inks on beautiful acid free thick textured paper.
AND

AND
A professionally printed full size card featuring the 'I Heart Hedghogs' illustration.


Doing ANY of the following gives you an entry (you get one entry for each thing that you do -yay!): 

1.  Follow the Light Garden Journal  (by the way, if you're not sure what I am on about with following - just scroll down and you will see a 'follow' button in the side bar) - if you are already a follower that counts too!
AND/OR
2.  Write about the giveaway on your blog, via facebook, tweet it or email your friends about it.
AND/OR
3. Tell me what your favourite item from the Light Garden shop is.

Just let me know what you did by leaving a comment on this post  (**please leave a separate comment for each thing you do so that all your entries get counted**) and you will be in the draw!  I will be selecting the winner via a random number generator next Tuesday June 8 and will post who the winner is here then.

Thank you so much for all of your support!

PS  I have something big planned for Making Mondays next week so stay tuned!

99 comments:

Megan said...

i am a long time follower (and big time lurker). Love to read about all the things you get up to away on the other side of the world (i'm in australia)

my favourites in your shops are any of the elephant illustrations, it was what first caught my eye on your blog and i think ooh, one day when i have a baby...

for now though, i do have a friend who is due in the next couple of weeks so maybe i could spoil her with this!

Euphoria said...

Just like Megan, I´m already a follower.
My favourite piece is the bunny and his mother print with the pink sky behind them.
I just posted something on my blog www.kiramamontova.blogspot.com and I mentioned your giveaway in spanish and english, as well.
I really like to read all the creative things you do and all your everyday experiences, because I am a mother too and I do almost the same things you do. I must say I´m also attracted to the idea you live so far away in a country I never visited, and that´s amazing, because I love to imagine all the views and surroundings you mention in your posts.
Hope I can get the print for my baby girl!
Take care!

SunShineyRain said...

When i came across you blog i couldn't resist reading it then i noticed you had 99 followers, i thought how great it would be to be number 100. I am so glad i become a follower and i can't wait to read along. I love your pictures and your writing. It's simply lovely.

Teacherchick said...

I'm a "local" follower, in Ankara. I've enjoyed following your blog and creativity. I don't see much creativity here, your blog is a breath of fresh air.
I've emailed my friends about your blog and your etsy store.

Wehaf said...

Your work is amazing, so it is difficult to choose, but my favorite item from your shop is the Snowy Forest print. Also, you have a marvelous name!

urchiken at gmail dot com

Lucie Tales said...

Hi Verity!
I'm already a follower of your blog.
It's hard too choose amongst the lovely prints you made....I would say, beside the wallpapers you've designed with the houses ;) that my favorite print is Snowy forest : the boy and the bear meeting... so cute!

Julia said...

I like Cool Forest Print best of the prints, but I really love the Wrap Pack - 4 Little Toadstool Mini Gift Cards and 2 metres ribbon too, so sweet. I would love to see your illustrations in a children's book.

sugareaterATgmailDOTcom

Mum in the Making said...

Hello Verity! Congrats and thanks for the giveaway! I've been a long time reader, and I'm following your blog! :)

Abby said...

I just became a follower! Thanks for the chance! x

Sarah B. said...

I'm your newest follower! Thanks for such a great giveaway :)

Sarah
sarah at yesteachercrafts dot com

Sarah B. said...

My favorite is the Cool Forest print. Lovely!!

Amber said...

I follow the Light Garden Journal!
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Amber said...

My favorite item from the Light Garden Shop is the Love is All Around us print:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/35707339/love-is-all-around-us
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Jo said...

I now follow your blog :)

Jo said...

I love the Love is All Around Us print :)

fisiwoman said...

Enter me please! I'm a new follower on GFC


Ana Belén R.M
fisiwoman(at)hotmail.com
Spain

fisiwoman said...

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/fisiwoman/statuses/15133342272



Ana Belén R.M
fisiwoman(at)hotmail.com
Spain

fisiwoman said...

My favorite item is: Snuggle Up mounted print - A little bunny rabbit snuggles up to Mama




Ana Belén R.M
fisiwoman(at)hotmail.com
Spain

michelle michael said...

i am a follower!!

michelle michael said...

i love, love, love the print set of the two little girls because i have two little girls. they are simply perfect! your art is amazing!

Elena Rosenberg Wearable Fiber Art said...

Happy to discover your sweet shop. One of my faves is the "At the Beach Print". Thank you for the giveaway!

very married said...

ms(dot)verymarried(at)gmail(d0t)com


This is SO sweet!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/32129772/set-of-5-cards-snuggle-up-a-little-bunny

Samy said...

I follow the Light Garden Journal!

samyrocks92 at msn dot com

Samy said...

I love the Make a Wish Print :)

Mum in the Making said...

I loved the "Love is all around us" print best... With balloons and a dog, what's there not to like? :)

Chani said...

How adorable!!! I love the elephant print, and also "At the beach". My son is 16 months old and the print would be amazing for his room.
PS: I love the picture of you and your little son.

Chani said...

I follow you!

Chani said...

Ah I forgot to let you know that I'm having a giveaway on my blog too, feel welcome to visit!

Kristen said...

I love the Let's Make Cake print!!

couponboss at gmail dot com

Chandra said...

I do follow your blog, and love it. I'm so excited for you about your wallpaper opportunity.

secret cake said...

Hello! I really like the Mounted Print - Make a Wish-- it's lovely!

Thanks for the chance!

secretcake (at) yahoo (dot) com

Chandra said...

My favorite thing in your shop is the snowy day print: the one with the boy giving the polar bear a gift.

TopHat said...

My favorite is the "I have climbed to the top of the highest tree" watercolor print. It's awesomely cute.

hrfarley at gmail dot com

Cocukla Cocuk said...

We're already follower of The light Garden. We love your photos and the way that you tell our country.
My favorite is "love is all Around Us"

Emil und die großen Schwestern said...

So lovely blog, i like it! Your work is beautiful!

Shelby Sunshine said...

My favorite item is the A Guardian Eagle - Print in Watermelon and Cream. Cool design!

Angie said...

Congrats on 100 followers!! You know I love your blog and the work you do. :) My favorite print in your shop is the bunny snuggles up to mama in blue. It's so precious and reminds me of me and my son. My sister is going to have a little girl in a few months so the My Own Elephant print would be wonderful to give to her.

Erin H said...

I am a follower!

aprettykitty84@yahoo.com

Erin H said...

I love the little toadstool wrap pack with the little cards ad the ribbon!

aprettykitty84@yahoo.com

Bookslinger said...

I love the Snuggle Up bunnies print!

Lynn said...

I tweeted the giveaway!
http://twitter.com/livelovelynn/status/15286799954

Lynn
lynnx512@gmail.com

Lynn said...

Hello from Texas!
I'm your newest follower!

Lynn
lynnx512@gmail.com

Lynn said...

I love the 'Snuggle Up' card - it is so sweet.

Lynn
lynnx512@gmail.com

Momma Told Me said...

I'm a follower!
six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Momma Told Me said...

I love the At The Beach Print!
six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Just became a follower: slblog

slblog@post.com

Momma of a baby cupcake said...

I love Personalized Print - My Own Elephant in soft lavenders it will match my daughters room perfect

breejeep at hotmail.com

renai said...

Wow, wow and wow!! V, you are so very talented and inspiring so it's no wonder you hit 100 followers. You should be so proud of all you have achieved! Renai xx

Kelly Irene said...

You have a beautiful blog and shop! I am glad to be a new follower :) Thanks for the giveaway!

Kelly Irene said...

My favorite is the Make a Wish print. Thank you again!

Kelly Irene said...

I posted the giveaway on Twitter @MsKellyIrene

katherine said...

I am a follower! :D

katherine said...

My favorite item in your shop is the Love is All Around Us print. So beautiful, and it would be a good reminder that love really is all around us. If I win, I'm going to give the gift to my dearest friend in the world who just found out on Monday that she is expecting her first child! :D

Domestic Diva said...

I like the Print - Cool Forest. Great stuff!

elif said...

Hello,
I love your blogand your work since I saw it from The Crafty Crow...
I am from Turkey:)
And my favourite is: "Peaceful Tunes"

Ann On and On... said...

What a treat to have found you on the Blog Giveaways! You're work is simply sweet... I am a new and now faithful follower.
amerskine@ hotmail dot com

Thanks for this generous giveaway.

Ann On and On... said...

I just adore your work. Favorite: I'll climb the tallest tree and making a wish....LOVE THEM. Honestly, there are too many cute ones to name-
amerskine at hotmail.com

Ann On and On... said...

I posted and linked your giveaway. It is on the left side of my blog under giveaways.

I have to tell you how smitten I am with your work. I'm so happy to have found you.

amerskine@ hot mail dot com

Thanks for the opportunity!

CyTo said...

I like the A little bunny snuggles up to mama - print in blue. So cute!

BethDuck said...

I have just become a follower!!

BethDuck said...

My favourite item from the shop is "I have climbed to the top of the tallest tree"

Unknown said...

Hi Kizek I have joined as a follower. Unfortunately I only just worked out how to do it otherwise would have joined ages ago. Huge fan of your work and lovely way to keep in touch and see what Yashar is up to.

oo xx Heba

Shannon said...

I am a follower, and love it! I tweeted this!

Shannon said...

I also put it on my facebook! (I have a new nephew who has elephants in his room, I'd love to give it to him!

Shannon said...

I also put it on my Google "Buzz", not sure of that counts!

Sarah said...

Love the Snowy Forest print!

sarahmarietownsend(at)gmail(dot)com

babalisme said...

woot woot I'm your newest follower! nice meeting you!

babalisme said...

I heart the little girl who hearts hedgehog who hearts being in the forest. Lots of hearts!

babalisme said...

I tweeted !! http://twitter.com/babalisme/status/15475327988

Anonymous said...

Love the Peaceful Tunes Print. Your style is wonderful.

aluttrell at cox dot net

Anonymous said...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45083286/a-little-bunny-rabbit-snuggles-up-with love this! scg00387 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I love your "snuggle up" cards!

Thanks for the chance to win!

--Liza

ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anita said...

They are all gorgeous, but I especially love the Peace on Earth print and adore the raindeer wallpaper you designed.

liz said...

i am follower :)
enter me please

liz_crowny@yahoo.com

liz said...

my favie item from Light Garden Shop is http://www.etsy.com/listing/47836154/love-is-all-around-us

liz_crowny@yahoo.com

Ronnie said...

*-- Not an entry --*

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that your giveaway was listed on my site.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.internationalgiveaways.com/2010/06/my-own-elephant-print-various-card.html

If you happen to have any other internationally open giveaways, I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks,

Ronit
internationalgiveaways[at]gmail[dot]com
http://www.internationalgiveaways.com

T.J. said...

I'm your follower via GFC!
thevanandthecart [[at]] gmail [[dott]] com

T.J. said...

I'm emailing a few friends about this giveaway and your blog.
thevanandthecart [[at]] gmail [[dott]] com

T.J. said...

My favorite item from the Light Garden shop is the Print Set of 2 - Peaceful girls, but everything is wonderful!
thevanandthecart [[at]] gmail [[dott]] com

elif said...

http://biranneninbulduklari.blogspot.com/2010/06/light-garden-hediye.html

permanentcloud said...

i have been a follower since you were at 'a pink canarys nest'. :)

cindyascott{at}yahoo.com

permanentcloud said...

my fav piece has always been i heart hedgehogs. adorable! i'm saving my pennies!

Cannaria said...

My favorite item is Let`s Make Cake print. The elephant is so cute, and make me hungry! I want the cake. Tee hee.


ladyvogue_cannaria(at)yahoo.com

Göçebe said...

Hey now I am your newest follower.

Unknown said...

I am a follower of your wonderful blog!
elliebeetle AT gmail D0T com

Unknown said...

Your work is wonderful. I love your shop, and my favorite item is the At the Beach Print.
elliebeetle AT gmail D0T com

Jen said...

I'm so glad I found this journal! I love that you celebrate with wine a cheese- a girl after my own heart ;) I'm now a follower!!! So nice to meet you!

Jen said...

This is terrible- I just CAN'T choose 1 favorite! I love them all! Make a wish is so whimsical, Love is all around us reminds me of my own childhood, and Peacefull tunes reminds me of my boyfriend who is attending Berklee School of Music right now! Your art truly speaks to me :)

Sofia-Sobeide said...

There is so many wonderful things in your shop. But this one caught my eye:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/39177030/i-have-climbed-to-the-top-of-the-tallest

Unknown said...

I just discovered your blog and art today and I am in love! The Snuggle up (bunny) picture would be absolutely perfect for my son, the I heart Hedgehogs is funny and quirky and sweet all at the same time. I will definitely be back to view more.

reganbradford said...

My favorite is A Guardian Eagle and Cool Forest. Such sweet pictures...
I just became a follower and will be ordering soon for my little one:)

Angie said...

Verity,
I just blogged about the giveaway and your new wallpaper designs.

Yay for you!!

http://mimosaandmocha.wordpress.com/2010/06/06/wallpaper-for-wee-ones/

Oh, My Darling said...

Love the Snuggle Up mounted print - A little bunny rabbit snuggles up to Mama. omydarlingblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Sonshineonme said...

I am new as a blogger and was so happy to see your
instructions on the "pounding" and can't wait to try
this I will use watercolor to enhance the background.
Great idea, thank you,

Sonshineonme said...

will hit the publish button next comment. oops

rchamelin said...

fallowing you

rchamelin said...

emailed friends

rchamelin said...

fav is the sun pictures

Anonymous said...

I recently found you via Pinterest, and I'm in love with your beautiful blog. I've sent this giveaway to my other crafty-inclined friends, so yay! more followers for you! :3