I was very happy to see that the wallpaper designs I did for Studio Nommo have already got a little fantastic press - yay!
Tammy Everts wrote a lovely, lovely post over at ohdeedoh.com (you probably already know it, but if not, it's an awesome site with lots of great ideas and design for kids), with an excerpt of the article also featured on their sister site apartmenttherapy.com I love these sites and was pretty damn excited!
Which was good for cheering us up around here, because Mum left to go back to Australia today :( We had such a wonderful time with her here. She helped us to make the most out of every day, to do lots of yummy cooking and baking and to enjoy the little things. One of the most wonderful things was seeing her and Yashar get to know each other better. He has been asking where she is many times since she left - wanting her to tell him goldilocks and to play with the puppet dog and reindeer with him. We will be missing her lots, but we are so happy to have her here for the time we did.
We spent some of last day together at our favourite park, on a rug under the mulberry tree, with homemade apricot cake, and strawberries delivered to us on a fig leaf by the dear old gardener that works full time there. It was so lovely.
These are the strawberries in the dappled sunlight - even though they are partly white they were totally ripe - and delicious - I googled and found that there are quite a few varieties of white strawberries...I never knew!



2 comments:
I know what you mean, my mom lives 1600 kms away down in Patagonia and we miss her! Specially little Larinka. The good thing about grandmothers is that they inmediatly connect with their grandchildren.
Lovely pictures, by the way. Have a happy weekend!!!
Oh your mum looks so lovely and what a beautiful spot!
xx
Post a Comment