Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The New Year - a year for inspiration and connection

Well here we are! As usual I am full of optimism, ideas and dreams. Just even more so at this time of year! I am hoping for a year full of time with my family, creativity, bucket loads of inspiration and I hope to share lots of it with you!

Thank you so much for your emails and comments for Christmas and the New Year.  One of the things I like most about connecting with you all is the inspiration and motivation it gives me. There are so many wonderful and amazing people in this little world of ours - talented artists, smart business people and, so importantly, the people that are there encouraging and believing along the way.  So thank you!

Last weekend I had the chance to meet up with Renai, Keryn and Rose - three people I have connected with through blogging, 2 of whom I had never met offline before.   It was so good to be able to meet them face to face...to talk about our ideas, our plans and experiences, motherhood, travel and living in Turkey. 


Above is one of many gorgeous illustrations by Rose Deniz and to the left is one of the beautiful fabrics that Keryn uses in her cards handmade with Japanese fabric (and with a new range featuring fabrics from all over the world).

Totally inspiring.  And it reinforced to me the importance of connection - for everyone, and especially for mothers, freelancers, indie business people and people that like to create.

I hope to explore this more soon and I would love to hear from you about how you connect with others and what it brings to your life...or anything else you have to say about it of course!

1 comment:

Rose Margaret Deniz said...

Thanks, Verity, for an inspiring real-time discussion over coffee and edibles, and for including my illustration in your blog post! There's nothing that replaces a person-to-person conversation, but connecting online is such a great way to build a support network. Often I feel the people I meet online are little points of energy on a worldwide map that help me to stay focused and trust myself. I'm grateful to live near someone so talented as yourself who understands the ropes of living abroad with little ones. I've truly enjoyed watching your print shop bloom! Best wishes for the new year. xo