Tuesday, September 1, 2009

At Summer's End

Goodbye Summer. After what seemed like endless days of heat and clear skies, it is overcast and drizzling. In between showers we made it down to the park, the swing ride (which looked like it was about to fall apart anyway) was packed away, the park was empty.

This is a special little Autumny thing I am working on at the moment - remember I mentioned the squirrels?

Hello Autumn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and hello Spring here! Beautiful day in Melb - R & R helped pull out weeds in the vegie patch and I am excited about what we will plant next. You'll have to get your craft needles out to make some more cute tea-cosies for Yashar. I just remembered that Riley once had a pair of winter pants made from the arms of an adults woollen jumper - they were so much fun, snug and had really cute details added down the side of the legs. Enjoy kicking up some Autumn leaves until it gets very cold. xxxx

cindy said...

it was a chilly 45 degrees last night here in New York, so I have kissed summer pretty much goodbye.

i love the squirrels btw!

Tanya said...

Hello Verity! I stumbled across this website choc full of craft ideas with littlies and thought of you. Have you seen it before? It made me wish I had pre schoolers again - my boys loved 'making' days.
http://filthwizardry.blogspot.com/