Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ramazan Bayram Finds on Etsy!

Last week I posted about it being Ramadan here at the moment - with lots of people fasting during daylight hours for 30 days. At the end of Ramadan is a celebration called 'Ramazan Bayram' in Turkish - other people might know it as Eid.

Sort of like Christmas, it's a time when families, friends and neighbours get together, eat good food and also help the poor.

You can also give presents to your family members (and/or money to the children). So when I found these shops on Etsy I was so happy - haha - my relatives are going to be so impressed! My husband is Muslim, and he loves Christmas as much as I do - I am more than happy to engage in a little cross cultural/religion celebration too! Even if you are not Muslim, why not surprise your Muslim friends with a card or small gift?

I love these Arabic alphabet prints from Waafia! We got this playful one for my niece and nephew, a cute pink and chocolate one for our other little niece, and a 'deep sea' coloured one for Yashar. And the shop owner was so lovely and helpful!

I have actually learnt the Arabic alphabet and it takes some work! These are a very cute way to help kids learn -or just look pretty on the wall!




These badges from Muslamb are cute and have a great message for everyone - Salam means Peace in Arabic and their 'As Salamu Alaikum' card, meaning 'Peace Be With You' is gorgeous.
These head scarf pins from Jujubehijabpins are so pretty too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the arabic posters! Thanks for the find..

Anonymous said...

I love the poster too and I do love the scarf pin and I'm sure it could be used for a hat too.

renai said...

thanks for this V. I just purchased a couple of the posters, one for my sisters boys and one for us. They are gorgeous!