Monday, November 1, 2010

Yeeeee! The new cards and tags are here!


Wow - last week didn't go as planned...so finally here are the new cards and tags!  The sun finally poked its head through the clouds long enough for me to get some photos of these - yay!  I had a bit of a hard time photographing these actually (self inflicted) as I was so happy with the actual items that I didn't want to let them down with the photos.  I ended up keeping it simple and fairly uniform.


They are printed on a beautiful paper that is 40% recycled, 55% Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.  It is nice and thick and has a texture like watercolour paper - I love it!!


They are all listed in the shop now - you can find them here...  I have high hopes for these :)  Everyone that has seen them here has loved them and they have been 'flying out the door'.  I just hope that translates online too.  Fingers crossed!  And I would definitely appreciate your help with getting the word out - if you know anyone that might like them or if you would like to post about them on your blog etc  that would be awesome!  Please feel free to use any of the images for that too.  Thank you :)


PS - If you are in Turkey and would like to buy some the cards you can just contact me at thelightgarden@gmail.com and we can organise it that way - you can write in Turkish if you would like too.  No problemo :)

On Wednesday I will post about working with a professional printer if you are interested (just finishing off writing it now).  And I also have some making planned...Yashar's birthday party is next weekend so some party related things are in the works...let's just hope all goes to plan this week :)

10 comments:

Anna Joy said...

These are beautiful! I will have to buy a couple!!! :)

What company did you use to get them printed out?

Catherine said...

I totally love the deer cards! Is there anything written inside them? I ask that because I speak French and would prefer a blank page to an English text that my family wouldn't understand anyway!

Verity said...

Thank you Anna Joy! I used a professional printers here in Istanbul...which for some reason the name of escapes me at the moment. Anyway I'm guessing that they wouldn't be much use to you - I saw on your profile you are in the States - but if you are still interested let me know and I can look it up for you.

And thank you so much Catherine! I think they are my faves too! Yes they are all blank inside.

v
xo

Carolyn said...

those are so cute! do you make them in Adobe Illustrator?

secdus said...

Verity,your new designs are adorable .
I want to buy ALL!!!!
You have a great talent.

I'm Yee Von. said...

The colorful reindeer with the christmas light bulbs are so cute!! :D :D

I always fond of textured papers. I think they really make the cards look so special!! <3

Verity said...

Thank you Carolyn! For these I used a combination of hand drawn/inked and illustrator. I often use photoshop for colouring too but not for these particular ones. I'm going to have a post tomorrow with a little about my process if you are interested...

Thank you so much Secdus :))) I appreciate your support so much!

And Yeevon - thank you! And yes I agree - I love the texture so much :)

Kathryn said...

Oh Verity these are beautiful!
The quality shines through in the photos.
I have alot of little boys that I need birthday cards for so I shall have to go to your shop!
I love the babushka tags too ;)
Kat xx
Ps Happy birthday to Yashar!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous V, you are one talented lady!

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

oohhhh lovely new stuff x