Thursday, February 4, 2010

A moment between a mother and her baby


This is one of the things that has been keeping me busy lately. I had a lovely lovely client that wanted me to create a painting of a mother and baby. She also wanted to include the names of the mother (Deniz) and the soon to be born baby Ayse, that she was giving the painting to. The mother, Deniz Akkaya, is a well known model here so I was able to read in the papers that little Ayse has now been welcomed into the world!


For the painting I wanted to capture a quiet and gentle moment between a mother and baby.  These are some pictures of the process and the finished painting.  Unfortunately I didn't get a good photo of it :(  It has been so dark and overcast here and then when it was framed I just had a quick chance to snap a picture with lots of reflections from the lights at the framers.  Anyway, hopefully you can at least get a feel for the painting.

I loved working on this for so many reasons. One of which was the chance it gave me to express my own feelings and experience with motherhood (not that it was all quiet moments – hehehe!) but I remember the feeling I had seeing Yashar sleeping peacefully when he was so small – the love and the wonder and a deep feeling of contentment.

3 comments:

secdus said...

Again your beautiful work!I am looking forward to my teddy bears.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful illustration, just gorgeous!

Kathryn said...

Oh its beautiful Verity,
the close up of the work in progress is such an interesting photo to see too. and i can get a good idea of the finished piece even though it was a quick snap its still gorgeous.

what a treat to know where the colour inspiration came from too!
i want with all my heart to be better in health so i too may get the opportunity to be a mother, it is such a gift.

your picture will be a blessing for the mum to recieve. how special that she is well known model, i hope it brings you further commission work,
love kat xx