Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Making Mondays


I was going to wait until after Christmas but I couldn't resist designating these as our Making Mondays project this week!  These are made using the pattern in Softies: 22 friends for you to sew, knit and crochet.  I couldn't find the book on amazon, but the new book 'More Softies: 22 New Friends for you to Sew and Crochet' is available on amazon here.  You can also find more about these gorgeous books here and I noticed there is a very very cute free pattern on the site here.


This particular pattern was designed by Sarah Bowe, who also has a quietly beautiful blog Red Felt Flower.  And if you have been around here for a while you might remember I finished off some for Yashar here.  The pattern was inspired by the simplicity of Japanese design and I think the linen and the red and blue fabrics suit this well.  Although I don't think I quite do the pattern justice...some of these look a little more ... hmm... handmade... than others. 

But these are destined for some very cute little people that I don't think will mind!!

1 comment:

sarah said...

Verity, thanks so much for leaving a link to your bunnies, it gave me such a thrill to see them... they look beautiful, hope you have had a lovely Christmas!