Cinci Han was formerly a caravansaray - an inn where travellers could rest after the days journey. And I guess now that it is hotel it serves a similar function - without the camels, donkeys and horses! This particular caravansaray was built in 1645 and was on the Silk Road - an extensive trade route stretching from Southern Europe to China. Although I wouldn't call the actual running of the hotel amazing (it was fine, the staff were friendly, the breakfast - not so great), it was amazing to be able to stay in such a historical place.
The entry to the caravansaray. For some reason it looks like I stuck Yashar's head in here and that he has some sort of weird hat on! But he was really there and that's a table behind him. Really.


1 comment:
When we went to see a Sufi school outside of Cappadoccia all the doors were that small, too, on the theory that when entering a room where God is you need to bow down. I liked the idea. And that it's perfect for little people. :)
Post a Comment