This week I'm dreaming of a beautifully landscaped garden, a paved terrace, long lunches under a shady tree, an evening barbeque with some good friends and some good wine! I'm dreaming of Yashar being able to play on soft grass in the backyard, of a productive garden, maybe an outdoor fire for Autumn evenings...
![]()
I recently came across
Sage Outdoor Designs and wished I lived in the US so that I could get Kate, the principal landscape designer there, to come and design something beautiful for me! Her designs are interesting and personal and I really like the way she combines the modern and more rustic pieces...and of course the Turkish/Moroccan influences had me hooked!
![]()
Kate also writes a useful waterwise gardening blog called
Kate Presents. In Australia, where I am from, this is such an important topic! Unfortunately not so much here in Istanbul. We have been on 'stage 3a' water restrictions in Melbourne for quite a few years now -which means that gardens can only be watered on certain days at certain times -with the next stage meaning that water could not be used outdoors at all. This means that many people have been designing and planting gardens that are waterwise - a great idea whether you have water restrictions or not I think! I will definitely be referring back to Kate's blog in the future!
Now I just have to move to San Diego and find myself a nice space for a garden!
PS. Friday dreaming is a little early, and Making Mondays may be a little late because we are off on a short beach break!!! Woohoo! Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
Verity,
Thanks for the lovely comments! If you ever want a bit of design from afar, send me some photos of your garden and what you'd like to see in it. I'd have a tough time doing any planting design that way, but outdoor living spaces are fairly universal.
They all look great but I love the top picture - it would be perfect for my beach house at Anglesea in Melbourne. Enjoy you break.
xx
What lovely pics.
Post a Comment