Monday, August 17, 2009

Making Mondays: We all have days like these

We all have days, (or weeks!) like these, don't we?! I had a little activity planned for Yashar and I to do together - a small card for his new baby cousin. Not too much crafting because we have been busy enjoying the last days of Summer. And yes, we attempted said crafty activity.

The result a wall covered in paint and one unhappy little boy who wanted to keep spreading that paint all over the place :( But I will persevere! I plan to try again with Yashar this week, when the time is right. Because he sure does love to paint...everything!

So today I wanted to show you some very covetable crafty books from my secret little wish list...I was thinking to hint for some for Christmas, but now I'm thinking I should just get them and then I can make things out of them as Christmas presents...totally justified!

Little Stitches: Just one look at the cover was enough for me to want this - so cute!

Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing: I want this purely on the basis that Anna Maria Horner designs the most gorgeous fabrics. So pretty and they some how manage to look both modern and vintage at the same time.

Handmade Home: This book has just been released and is written by 'Soule Mama' -Amanda Blake Soule. Both her blog and her first book The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections are a great inspiration to me. All about living creatively, simply and having a happy and fulfilling home life. I hope this book is more of the same!

2 comments:

Isabelle said...

thanks for your visit to my blog and your message so I could find you ... I will come back soon ...

Unknown said...

Crafty activity cool you enjoyed the kid craft so sweet..
Carol
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems