Last week we headed off in the early hours of the morning to drive to Senol's family village in Erfelek - near Sinop on the black sea coast. I had been before - about 7 years ago - but I was still totally amazed by how beautiful it was. Surrounded by forest, houses that are truely 'handmade', bucket fulls of cherries and vegetables straight from the plant to the table. I'm just stopping in tonight with one of my favourite photos from the trip - this huuuge linden tree (called ihlamur here in Turkey). You can see by the ladder leaning against it that some one had already beat us to picking the blossom and leaves used to make ihlamur tea (a wonderful tea to have when you have a cold!)
I'll be back with some more photos of the trip (and loads of other things) soon. See you then!

2 comments:
wow! amazing photo V!
Thanks Keryn!
The tree was amazing...like something straight out of an old fairy tale!
Post a Comment