Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things have been quiet on the blog here but busy behind the scenes!  I had my sister Emily visit for a few days - after not seeing her for 2 and a half years!  It was fantastic but too quick of course.  One of the afternoons we headed in to Tahtakale - a crowded wholesale area here in Istanbul and we were not disappointed! 


The photo above is one my sister took on her iphone - I love it.  These are the funny icecream sellers - you've been warned!  If you come on a trip to Istanbul expect them to play a few little tricks on you when you go to buy an icecream!   My husband likes to quietly tell them to really play it up for some of our guests - it's hilarious!    Tomorrow I'm off to London to meet up with my sister there - so I will hopefully be dropping in with a few photos while I'm there. 

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats picture is just magic : )