Wednesday, April 27, 2011

an istanbul door and an istanbul notebook


This is a quick shot I took in Galata last week before my camera batteries ran out.  darn it.  The detailing on this door was gorgeous -you probably know by now what a sucker I am for a nice door!
I've been busy working on a few different projects and also a couple of new notebook designs.  This is a simple one that is almost finished - just needs the threads tied at the ends and then to be packaged up.  The weather apparently didn't get the memo about Spring starting -so still very grey for photo taking :(



And this is another design - which I have already taken down to Molka - I'll have to remember to take some photos of the actual notebook soon!


Yashar and I didn't have a 'Making Monday' for you this week...but have been doing plenty of making at our super cool weekly art classes at LOLA.    And I did receive an ingenious card from Yashar (with help from his Dad) for my birthday that involved a car with a window that opened to show a picture of Yashar and I - very cute!

So, to make up for it, tomorrow I'll be back with some making inspiration with a crafty gathering of some of best things to make from around the net.  See you then!

2 comments:

SAI said...

Hello! I'm Sai! Just stumbled upon your blog. Its commendable that you keep it updated so often. Is it cause you have decided to keep posting something every week that keeps you going?
I have an interest in making books too....you can check some books here http://sewmeabook.blogspot.com/
Keep up the inspiring work :)

Euphoria said...

Lovely designs Verity! ...and I fell in love with that beautiful door!!! Have a nice weekend!