I just got a very sweet message from the lovely woman that commissioned this portrait of her 2 year old daughter - so I can now happily share it with you! I loved working on this! She had asked for a portrait in the style of my I Heart Milk print. The photo below shows a little of the process of making this.
This was one of the later drawings I did for it (after many initial ones!) Portraits can be quite difficult - especially of children I think - they grow and change so quickly don't you think? I worked on capturing her shining eyes, the little curls that poked out from the back of her hair and the sweet innocence I could see in the photos of her.
This is the final portrait (unfortunately I only quickly snapped some photos on a grey day before I sent it off) so here is the digital image to see it more clearly.
I was so happy that she was so happy with the portrait when it arrived! It makes the crazy number of hours I always end up putting in to my work worth it!



2 comments:
Verity, your work is so beautiful. It always manages to speak of innocence and beauty in the most subtle way.
Thank you Verity, it has been a pleasure working with you. We're so happy with the portrait!
M-
Post a Comment