Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cute!! Felt animals from Central Asia

Seriously, where has the time been going?   I feel like I have been running around doing so much...but what have I got to show you...hmm nothing much at the moment!   Lots of things that are in the works...and lots of not as exciting things, like updating the images for the shop, and the wholesale pages.


But I did manage to buy some of these adorable felt animals!    That mouse looks like it is whispering something cute to the horse.  They are from a lovely business called Tribal Arts, here in Istanbul.  They have a shop in the grand bazaar, but I bought these at a stall they had at a fundraiser at one of the colleges here.    They also have a website here.

They are handmade by women in central asia using eco friendly materials and are so cute!  I'm hoping to add to the collection each year.   Yashar picked out a lot of these.  I especially like the camel he picked out when the owner told him he could pick one as a present.    The hand work is so beautiful.

2 comments:

GB said...

They're adorable! Loved the two humped camel and the whispering mouse! :)

Sümeyye said...

çok güzeller özellikle sincapa bayıldım :)