Monday, September 20, 2010

Making Mondays: Cushions and Tomato Lasagne


I made couple of cushions I made a little while back that I hadn't managed to show you yet.  So here they are!   The one on the right (in the photo below) is made from a pillow case and the one on the left is made from an old favourite top of mine and the other part of the pillow case.  I took the photos in Yashar's room (the cushions actually live on our couch though) because the sun always streams in there in the afternoons.


Ahhh....I loved that top, but with Yashar around, I have surrendered to the fact that things will get broken, favourite tops will gets stained, a conversation will never go uninterrupted :)

I'm not going to put the step by step instructions here - because it really depends on what you are using - and you can see pretty much I've done in the photos... the left hand side of the cushion was the bottom of my tshirt (it was pink with a nice big black stretchy bit on the bottom...hehehe I'm sure there is a name for it ...let me know if you know what its called!)   And the little silhouette was a part of the tshirt that I very quickly sewed on with the edges folded under.  Hmmm...I hope that makes sense  :)



And a ps...

I have been slightly obsessed with lasagne lately...leave one in the fridge and I can't stop myself from going in to the kitchen for 'one more bite'!   I have been using the recipes for both the meat and the plain tomato versions from Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros.  I love how the recipes in that book are simple, are the sort of food both children and adults like and all the recipes have so far turned out to be delicious! 



This is the tomato lasagne - so simple - the only ingredients are tomato, oil, basil, garlic, bechamel sauce (butter, flour and milk) and pasta sheets.  I served it with a fresh rocket salad -  I bought the rocket from one of the farmer's trucks that goes around our streets each day and was yum!

2 comments:

Emil und die großen Schwestern said...

Beautiful cushions. I like this colors, i like your design! Éva

Verity said...

Thanks Eva! :)