This Monday I wanted to show the beautiful beautiful blankets that my mother in law, Sevim made. They are made with love in more ways the one! Sevim's name actually has it's base in love - with Sevmek meaning 'to love' and sevimli meaning lovable. My father in law's name (which was Yashar, and was whom we named our son after) also has a wonderful meaning - meaning life, being alive. Love and life, what a combination... fate that they found each other don't you think?!
Recently, when I was admiring some of the beautiful things that Sevim was making, I suggested that she should make some blankets for my shop. And these are the result! They are so beautiful, I had such fun photographing them. And of course, as soon as I saw them I put in an order for us! - She's busy making that at the moment!
Sevim's work always amazes me. She also does a lot of oya - the fine needlework that is found here in Turkey. I have left all the photos quite big so you can see the detail of how beautiful they are!
So, I'm off to put these in the shop now...and I have to say I'm a little jealous of the lucky people that will buy them! That blue, cream and red one just grabs me every time!
Ooh - and I noticed that purple and green based one fits right in with the 'colour me pretty' post over at decor8 today - the top two photos below are from that post.
Ooh, and next week I'll be doing another in art and design projects series with Yashar - can't wait!






7 comments:
Hello dear,
Do you know the name of this blankets motifs... "hanım dilendi, bey beğendi" (lady beg, husband like) That means, you don't have to buy wools to crochet it, you pick up from your neighboors, friends little little, so your husband like this, because no money wasted:))
I would like to see "oya" of your mother in low...And the blanket is beautiful:)
Thanks banuca! I didnt know that and I'm so glad I do now! And yes - it is such a great way to use up left over wools ...hmmm actually thats what I should be doing with my stash!
And yes, I should definitely do a post about her other oya and dantel (hmm not sure if I'm spelling that right) work - it is amazing! I will have to remember to take some photos when we are visiting next!
V
xo
Beautiful colors, wonderful images, éva
Such a beautiful blanket! the crochet looks perfect! also love the photos :)
The blankets are just gorgeous and you can tell that her work is perfect and the result of many years of making beautiful items for family and friends. I hope they find a lovely home where they will be cherished.
x
I am a big fan of crochet blankets too Verity, especially the ones like the blue and red one here(which has been done so beautifully) where the squares are all put together.
I might just have to save and see if i can ask for a special order of a pale colour at some point! (you know the colours i love, dusty pink, pale grey, whites ets!)
kat xx
Post a Comment