Monday, December 14, 2009

Making Mondays: Christmas Decorations to make with Toddlers



This week we made some decorations for Christmas!  This was such a nice little project to get Yashar involved with. 

 Looking back, one of the most wonderful things that both of my parents did as I was growing up was to be proud and encouraging of what ever I was doing.  What an amazing and strong support to have.  I'm so happy to be able to do this for Yashar too.  At the end of any creative project we always put it somewhere special and I tell him how wonderful it is.  When we hung these up you should have seen the look on his face...he is so proud!



The decorations were easy and involved ripping things up and sticking things - a perfect project for toddlers.  This is what we did:

1.  I got some pieces of card and we ripped up scrap pieces of wrapping paper I had.  Then Yashar put some glue over the paper with a glue stick and we stuck the pieces on to the card.

2.  We hung that up to dry then later I cut out some Christmas shapes while we talked about what they were.  Yashar (with very close guidance) punched a hole in the top of each decorations.

3.  I had some spare little pieces of ribbon that I cut into lengths and used the opportunity to teach Yashar how to thread the pieces of ribbon through the hole he punched.

4.  We tied them up together.  It was so much fun!




PS Another little project we did during the week was some painting.  Since it was in blue and green, after it dried, I cut it out in a fish shape and added a little face.  I think it turned out pretty cute!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great ideas, I especially love the ornaments!

Anonymous said...

You are such a clever Mummy. Your decorations look great and what a good idea cutting out shapes from the painting! Little Yashar looks so cute concentrating on his project. xxx