Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dreaming of cool forest streams...

A sneak peek at some new work...I will be putting these prints in The Light Garden shop just as soon as I put on the finishing touches, print them and take some photos ...hopefully by this evening...


The weather here is pretty much 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) every day here at the moment and it is getting to that humid, sticky time of year where your forehead glistens with sweat even while you are just sitting there. Many of the locals escape to Summer houses down the coast or on the nearby Islands. But here we are in Istanbul, no air conditioning... So when I first thought of the idea for this I was lying in bed, dreaming of a cool forest, mist in the air, dipping my feet in to a cool stream. If I could just transport Yashar and I there now!








This little girl (and puppy!) are surrounded by love.








This is a little boy who has climbed to the top of the tallest tree to keep the little girl I did a while back company. I still love, love, love the song it was inspired by, so here is the verse again:
I have climbed to the top of the tallest tree
And no one knows I'm here
And I could hide for hours and hours
And I can see for miles
And I have never fallen
And I will not come down
And the sun is shining


I think the lyrics are so beautiful! Does any one know who's song this is? I had it on a mix CD that I have long since lost the cover for. I would love to know! ***edit: the track is Broken from Car Stereo Wars. Thanks Ida!***

I hope you like the new work!!

2 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

They're lovely! the little boy by the pond is my favourite.

Rose Margaret Deniz said...

Oh, summer, it just wouldn't be the same without lying in the grass. Captures this July weather perfectly.