
The basil seeds Yashar and I planted were starting to get pretty crowded. You might remember the containers from this post where we planted bulbs in them - once the bulbs had finished flowering we replaced them with basil and sage seeds - two herbs I love but that are not widely available here.
Yashar and I have a little ritual going where we water them together each day -Yashar is in charge of carrying the cup of water outside and then pouring - and then we smell the herbs together, which Yashar always thinks is very funny! This is actually often my method for cheering him up when he is grumpy.
I digress...the basil was getting crowded so we made a little balcony herb garden. I got one of the wooden crates that the fruit and vegetable sellers use at our local market and lined it with bubble wrap (because that is what we had lying around). I cut some holes in the bubble wrap for drainage and then filled it with potting mix.
Then early one morning, while Yashar and I were letting Senol have a well deserved sleep in, we put our rosemary and the sage and basil we grew in. Yay - we now have a herb garden!
I'm finding it hard to resist picking some basil to use in our cooking...just a little bit longer and it will be ready.
Yashar and I have a little ritual going where we water them together each day -Yashar is in charge of carrying the cup of water outside and then pouring - and then we smell the herbs together, which Yashar always thinks is very funny! This is actually often my method for cheering him up when he is grumpy.
I digress...the basil was getting crowded so we made a little balcony herb garden. I got one of the wooden crates that the fruit and vegetable sellers use at our local market and lined it with bubble wrap (because that is what we had lying around). I cut some holes in the bubble wrap for drainage and then filled it with potting mix.
Then early one morning, while Yashar and I were letting Senol have a well deserved sleep in, we put our rosemary and the sage and basil we grew in. Yay - we now have a herb garden!I'm finding it hard to resist picking some basil to use in our cooking...just a little bit longer and it will be ready.
2 comments:
Hi V! I've nominated you for the "Lemonade Award" for inspiring me and delighting me with your blog! Feel free to play along if you like :)Keryn
I think I need your help. I am desperate to create some kind of herb box/garden but with no outside space or even balcony I'm worried it won't work. Next time I see you I'll have to get your herb gardening advice. Looks great!
Post a Comment