Friday, April 24, 2009

My new blog address

Welcome to my new blog address! I'm so glad you're here!

I remember my very first post over at a pink canary's nest when I talked about change. At the time my husband and I had just moved to Turkey from Australia with our little boy (he was 4 months old when we moved).

Only 5 months before that first post I was just finishing up at my job as a lawyer in Melbourne, struggling to fit in anything suit like for a meeting, sipping on my lemonade at the after-work drinks, wondering what I would do if I went into labour at work! Strangers would smile at me in the street and offer me their seat on the tram and I was busy preparing for the birth of Yashar.

I had high hopes and dreams about what was about to come. I wanted to be a good mother and to raise a happy, healthy and content child. I also hoped that this would be my chance to really live a creative life. To explore what I enjoyed and find something that I truly cared about doing. I wanted to be inspired. And most of all I wanted to build a happy and fulfilling life for my family and I.

So here I am, ready for more change! Moving closer to making those hopes and dreams a reality.

Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement and inspiration along the way. It has been a wonderful (if at times a little bumpy!) year.

2 comments:

renai said...

Congratulations on the move Verity!! It has been great getting to know you guys and I look forward to another year of funny, informative, creative and yummy blog posts!! Good luck with it all; I know you will succeed!

Kara Melissa said...

I just found your link to the new blog, it looks great. I have some catching up to do, with ali out of town I have been behind in my blog reading! I'm excited for you to open an online shop too! Can't wait to see how things unfold for you.